Embedding an album into a web page
To embed a photo gallery into an existing web page, you should adjust the size of the gallery before publish so it can fit into the space on your target web page.
- You can switch to the Album Settings tag and press Original Size to set the width and height of your gallery.
- Publish the gallery to a local folder. You can refer to Publishing an album for more details.
- Copy the embed code from the publishing windows (shown as below).
- Open the target webpage in web program (such as Dreamweaver in which you need to switch to source code mode for editing the HTML codes), an HTML editor or simply use the notepad to edit the source code.
- Locate the place where you want the gallery to appear in your target web page. In Dreamweaver, you can switch to the Split view to help you locate the specific script location.
- Paste the script which you copied in Photo Gallery to the text area of your target webpage (e.g. "index.htm"), to the place you want to display the Photo Gallery.
- Save the target web page.
- Finally, make sure all the published files and folders of your photo gallery are placed in the same folder as the index.html
- Launch your browser and open the index.htm . You will notice a warning if you are using Internet Explorer. Please allow the loading of dynamic contents and you will see the photo gallery in action in your new web page. Click here to see the Index page in live.
- You can also upload all the files to your server for sharing online.
When uploading, please make sure the index.htm and a4gallery folder (for version v2.06 or above) are placed in the same directory, like the following examples:
Note: For older versions, please make sure the folder a4gallery_images and a4gallery_thumbs (optional), files AC_RunActiveContent.js, index.swf and data.xml are placed in the same directory with the Index.htm.